A man arrested on suspicion of killing 12 people by mowing through a Berlin Christmas market in a truck has been released. Rough Cut – subtitled (no reporter narration).
ROUGH CUT - SUBTITLED (NO REPORTER NARRATION) A man arrested on suspicion of killing 12 people by mowing through a Berlin Christmas market in a truck has been released, the Chief Federal Prosecutor's Office said on Tuesday. Moments before the man was released, Berlin's police chief said it was not clear if the Pakistani man arrested after a deadly trunk rampage at a Christmas market was the driver of the vehicle. "As far as I know it is in fact uncertain whether that really was the driver," said Berlin Police President Klaus Kandt. Berlin police said on Twitter that they were being vigilant as the suspect had denied involvement in the incident, which police have said was a deliberate attack. The prosecutor's office said the suspect had made extensive statements during a police hearing, but had denied the offense. It added it had been impossible to track the truck driver by eye-witnesses following the attack and that the investigation so far had not been able to prove that the suspect was in the truck's cab at the time of the attack.