As Turkey reels from the worst attack in the country this year, President Tayyip Erdogan says Ankara will fight hard against militant groups while Prime Minister Binali Yildirim warns that current security measures are insufficient. Subtitled Rough Cut (no reporter narration).
SUBTITLED ROUGH CUT (NO REPORTER NARRATION) STORY: Turkey President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday (June 29) that Ankara would fight hard against militant groups harming its national security as Turkey reels from the worst attack in the country this year. Three suspected Islamic State suicide bombers opened fire and blew themselves up in Istanbul's main airport, killing 41 people and wounding 239. Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said on Wednesday that Islamic State militants were likely behind the deadly attack. "Probably in one or two days the investigation will conclude, including the identity of the suicide bombers," he said. He further warned that current security measures were insufficient. Turkish authorities say the attacks were carried out by three men, believed to be from Islamic State, who began by opening fire, then blew themselves up. It was the deadliest in a series of suicide bombings so far this year in Turkey, a participant in the U.S.-led coalition fighting Islamic State.